Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I rather have 6 owners with 50k miles with properly maintenance schedule for example than 50k with one owner with some what of a maintenance schedule. With each new owner, I’m pretty sure they’d do needed maintenance just as you or I when we buy a used car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't totally trust Carfax. My Evo 9 had 13k in hail damage and that does not show up on Carfax. My insurance at the time was Progressive and I went through a body shop that has 100s of locations around the US.
Valid point, I owned a vehicle and when I went to sell it years ago, an accident did not show up, maybe the Ins. company didn't file all of the paperwork etc. ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
There's a lot of reasons for multiple owners, but I come from the Corvette world and it's not uncommon to see cars with 4-6 owners and under 40K miles. They're kept in garages, cleaned for Sunday drives, and simply not used all that much. It used to bother me because I assumed something was wrong with them, but most of the time I found that was not the case. Cars like Corvettes and GTRs require a level of commitment to drive everyday and most people just like the fact they own one (which is fine, I love owning mine but also driving :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just recently bought a 2013 gtr and it had 4 previous owners and low miles. I looked for all the maintenance paperwork and lucky found one with all documentation including when they modified the car and by which tuner. I was worried at first seeing so many GTRs with multiple owners but after looking at several of them saw most were well documented so that made my nerves go away.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts