Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
My local dealer just does it on my long services. I have had a Sentra and Altima. Not sure there is anything in the owner's manual for, I believe it is just what practice your local dealer does. If they want your business, I would suggest something to them.

Good luck!

Deiger

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Page 43 of the warranty book (for my 2015). It used to specify the model of Nissan you got for my 2009, but now it just says "rental car".
Actually it's page 46 (if using the electronic pdf version).

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
It's weird because some dealers will do it no questions asked and some look at you like you're high. Luckily my most closest dealership I mostly take the car to get serviced does it no questions asked.

·
Founder/Admin
26,444 Posts
Yeah it does state a rental car and used to be model specific. But its really all about your relationship with your dealer. I've bought 3 GTRs from my dealer and I due to that they get me a car to use even if I bring my juke in. It's usually like a versa or stripped down sentra but still it's the gesture

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Lol I got a versa last time. I'd rather uber than drive a versa lol.

·
Forza Felipe
1,725 Posts
I either get an altima or a Rogue

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yeah it does state a rental car and used to be model specific. But its really all about your relationship with your dealer. I've bought 3 GTRs from my dealer and I due to that they get me a car to use even if I bring my juke in. It's usually like a versa or stripped down sentra but still it's the gesture
You know its the small details like this that I wont be buying another GTR. I drive in with a $75k car and I leave with a $20k loaner. I drive our $75k Cayenne in and I Leave with at least a $30k A4 or another Cayenne or something presentable.

This and the waiting room if they don't have a loaner is abysmal.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I understand your frustration but kind of think you are being unreasonable. if the GTR was any other luxury brand, it would cost at least 40-50k more if not double current msrp and that 40k would be towards the amenities and dealership experience. There is no AWD car near in performance anywhere near the gtr except for maybe the jag.

You know its the small details like this that I wont be buying another GTR. I drive in with a $75k car and I leave with a $20k loaner. I drive our $75k Cayenne in and I Leave with at least a $30k A4 or another Cayenne or something presentable.

This and the waiting room if they don't have a loaner is abysmal.

·
Registered
285 Posts
What does it matter what kind of loaner car they give you?? If they give you one great, if not make prior arrangements. Sounds like some people have a status quo issue.

·
Registered
310 Posts
What does it matter what kind of loaner car they give you?? If they give you one great, if not make prior arrangements. Sounds like some people have a status quo issue.
It does matter because the maintenance charges aren't cheap on this car. I bought a decent car to drive, pay tons to maintain it why shouldn't I get something respectable as a loaner?

Hell even my old 2005 M3 gets me an entry level 3 series as a loaner and that thing cost me a fraction of the GTR to buy and maintain.

Hell when I had my old Integra GSR they sent me out the door with a TL or RSX everytime and that thing was like $10k to buy.

Just saying Nissan needs to step it up. Murano or Maxima would be "ok" but this bullshit Versa loaner needs to go.

Not understanding your logic here. If this car is Nissans halo car then Nissan treat their clients who buy these cars with a little more respect.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It does matter because the maintenance charges aren't cheap on this car. I bought a decent car to drive, pay tons to maintain it why shouldn't I get something respectable as a loaner?

Hell even my old 2005 M3 gets me an entry level 3 series as a loaner and that thing cost me a fraction of the GTR to buy and maintain.

Hell when I had my old Integra GSR they sent me out the door with a TL or RSX everytime and that thing was like $10k to buy.

Just saying Nissan needs to step it up. Murano or Maxima would be "ok" but this bullshit Versa loaner needs to go.

Not understanding your logic here. If this car is Nissans halo car then Nissan treat their clients who buy these cars with a little more respect.
Since they delayed bringing it to the states for years and called it the GTR instead of the Skyline, they should have put it under the Infinity name OR trained the Infinity techs to work on the car instead of the Nissan techs.

And like the above, I used to bring an an '84 318i BMW for service in the late 90's. Despite the car being 15 years old and having a privately rebuilt engine they were always willing to take good of me at a competitive price to the local shops, including offering a loaner. Their service is the reason that my next car was an M3.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Every time my wife brings in her 6 year old Acura MDX, for anything, she gets a loaner so she can run errands while they do the service. And it's always been a nice vehicle that she doesn't mind driving around.
Again status quo issue. Who are you to define a Versa is not presentable? So there must be a lot of people in the country who should feel embarrassed driving their Versa around town.

Just be realistic, dealers are there to make money, and you should not expect them to treat you like king once you have driven the car off their lots. I know it is an expectation that everyone has, but it is a fact that they couldn't care less about your service experience.

Mind you it is still a Nissan dealer afterall, and this has nothing to do how much you paid for the car, it's still a Nissan to them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't see why Nissan couldn't make it a requirement for a GT-R certified dealer to provide us with a 370z or something like that, instead of a fucking Altima with no back-up camera.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.