Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie and with my white GTR, I am suffering from the exhaust sooty deposits on my rear. In reading the relevant posts on this subject, I was lead to believe that a higher octane gasoline may reduce this soot issue.
I'm anxious to see if a higher octane fuel will help but can't find a gas station in the Chicagoland area that sells anything higher than 92 .
So should I use an octane booster fuel treatment?
Any gas stations known to you would be appreciated as well as your opinion.

·
Registered
656 Posts
where u at i am in naperville and there is 93 everywhere. also white 2010 with tons of goodies.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops, I meant 93 octane. Not modded as of yet. Since getting my car back from continental in Countryside I haven't had any soot. It could be one of a few reasons. 1) Only driven 100 miles since service 2) They cleaned out my exhaust tips which were full of u kno what 3)24 month inspection had something to do with it. The last one I doubt since I initially brought this up to the tech and he said there's really nothing one can do.

·
Super Moderator
3,597 Posts
Oops, I meant 93 octane. Not modded as of yet. Since getting my car back from continental in Countryside I haven't had any soot. It could be one of a few reasons. 1) Only driven 100 miles since service 2) They cleaned out my exhaust tips which were full of u kno what 3)24 month inspection had something to do with it. The last one I doubt since I initially brought this up to the tech and he said there's really nothing one can do.
I think the tech is correct, but you can experiment. Try UNLEADED 100 octane. There are also 107 LEADED octane stations; keep away unless you know precisely what you're doing.

I recently made a list of a few stations close to AMS in West Chicago, selling 100 or greater octane. Where are you located...I can post a few. Myself, I buy 100 octane at the Speedway just East of Rt.41 on Rt 132 (Waukegan). My car has tunes for 93 and 100 installed.

Alexd

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
i use an app called gas buddy. i think they have a website... dunno if they list Oct #'s tho.

what I've seen some people do is put a black wrap above the exhaust tips where the bumper is beveled in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.