Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Long way to GTR: GT3>CTR>VANQUISH S>EVOX&
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test drove a F355 Manual Ferrari and it sounded divine, especially as the revs built up. So I said to myself "How can one enliven the dead sound of the standard GT-R?"

Obvious answer would "D'oh be to change the exhaust".

OK, I already know that. I also know there are the 3 separate sections to consider that all affect the sound coming out of the end.

So I started by sending an email to Tubi (who do Ferrari aftermarket exhausts) but that dealer then tried to sell me a Seca (which I have never heard of).

So I seek help in locating the dealers (in the UAE) for aftermarket exhausts (e.g. Akrapovic, HKS, etc...)? And installers?

Please, shabab, any suggestions would be great!

Thanx!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
The GTR's TT V6 will never sound like a high revving V8/V12 Ferrari no matter what exhaust you get.

Just get a good dp, midpipe, exhaust combo, it won't sound like a Ferrari, but it has it's own unique exhaust tone.

Look at HKS, Akrapovic, Meistershaft, AAM, AMS, Mines, Top Secret, Amuse, and a whole ton of others, all listed in the vendors marketplace.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hire Yamaha to fabricate an LFA sounding exhaust for your GT-R

·
Long way to GTR: GT3>CTR>VANQUISH S>EVOX&
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input, and I agree that it is futile trying to make a hummingbird roar like a lion, but the standard exhaust is too quiet. I am looking for refined sound, not headache inducing bass drone...

Look at HKS, Akrapovic, Meistershaft, AAM, AMS, Mines, Top Secret, Amuse, and a whole ton of others, all listed in the vendors marketplace.
I also need help souring/finding UAE based vendors/installers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
hi

subzero or panda have exhaust s in stock .

also adding intakes will give a nice tone

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
While you'll never be able to match the sound of a Ferrari, there are some exhaust options that provide a unique sound.

Personally, the 90mm version of the Amuse has the most unique sound while still having stock-like characteristics like no-drone.

Check out the videos:

We also have one of these exhausts in stock right now!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Man i haveAmuse R1000 the sound not like this, mybe from the Ypipe, ?

For my old Exhust was Apixe RS with COBB 3"-3.5" Y pip give very agressive sound?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have it alraedy!

Witch the must agrissived middpipe will give you more louded and fit with Amuse Exhaust

·
Registered
265 Posts
Gents,
I would like to share my experience with you on the Exhaust Systems. As a GTR Tuning shop, we have installed and used many different Exhausts for the GTRs, it is all about the combination of the Downpipe, mid pipe, and Cat Back. We have used different combinations with slightly different results yet, the distinctive sound of the GTR V6 engine is always there.

one exhaust system in particular sounded completely different from anything ells i tried is the Boost Logic 4in Exhaust with Resonated Mid Pipe option. This exhaust sounds more mellow with higher Pitch tone. the distinctive sound of the GTR is suppressed to an extent that when this GTR passes by, I sometime can't tell it is a GTR from the sound of the exhaust. Please understand that i am a dealer of many brands and i am proud of them all. I am not trying to promote for the BL Exhaust (although i have no problem with that as i am proud to be their dealer and they have fine products). i am just sharing my experience as i was looking for an exhaust that will sound different on a GTR myself. I ordered the Boost Logic Exhaust only for the 4in size and the Tips Style and then found out about the sound.

PS: just for accuracy, this particular GTR has a BL Turbo kit as well. Usually with Turbo kit upgrades. the sound of the exhaust changes. yet, it generally gets louder only.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hussam,
still AMUSE R1000 titanium is the best quality and finishing. GTC relased titanium 4" is one of the good Exhaust on this 4" class, also good price.

Am still see that the Y pipe is give louded sound

·
Registered
194 Posts
I test drove a F355 Manual Ferrari and it sounded divine, especially as the revs built up. So I said to myself "How can one enliven the dead sound of the standard GT-R?"

Obvious answer would "D'oh be to change the exhaust".
Actually, the obvious answer is "buy the Ferrari" get the sound lose the performance!
the sound on the first video of post 11 is simply music to my ears.

·
Vendor
2,775 Posts
Sent you over a PM

·
R35 Member
909 Posts
IPE or Armytrix both full titanium. But its like comparing apples to oranges, different cars.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.