Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is all a personal opinion, but I would like to know what you guys think. I plan to get a custom tune and a midpipe, but have no plans to change the downpipe and mufflers for now if ever.

My goal is to make my car louder with a refined and exotic sound if possible. I want it sound more Italian and definitely don't want to sound like a Subaru. I don't want the car to sound "blatty" like a muscle car with open exhaust. A higher pitch howling tone is ideal.

What do you think?

Thanks

·
Registered
468 Posts
I know it is all a personal opinion, but I would like to know what you guys think. I plan to get a custom tune and a midpipe, but have no plans to change the downpipe and mufflers for now if ever.

My goal is to make my car louder with a refined and exotic sound if possible. I want it sound more Italian and definitely don't want to sound like a Subaru. I don't want the car to sound "blatty" like a muscle car with open exhaust. A higher pitch howling tone is ideal.

What do you think?

Thanks
Try doing a search. Many many posts on this subject.

·
I'm everywhere.
857 Posts
I really like the HKS resonated and TiTek non-res. I'm currently running the MXP mid non-res paired with the TiTek Race exhaust and love the sound. May switch to TiTek mid as well soon. I'll try and post up a video sometime this weekend.

·
SF Bay Area Member
548 Posts
I second AAM non resonated!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I love my AAM non-resonated (without DPs). Now that I plan on tuning with DPs I will replace with a resonated version (after many hours of research and phone calls). Due to the possibility of the "raspy" sound due to the resonance through a non-resonated or non-catted pipe I will want to add a resonator.

If you are sure you won't add DPs later the AAM Non-Res does truly sound amazing.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love my AAM non-resonated (without DPs). Now that I plan on tuning with DPs I will replace with a resonated version (after many hours of research and phone calls). Due to the possibility of the "raspy" sound due to the resonance through a non-resonated or non-catted pipe I will want to add a resonator.

If you are sure you won't add DPs later the AAM Non-Res does truly sound amazing.
Not sure. I am hoping I will not need more power after the midpipe and tune.

·
Founder/Admin
26,149 Posts
most midpipes sound about same on this car... the biggest difference is of course if you go resonated or not...but there isnt a pipe that can make it sound more "Italian" or have that high pitch exotic tone.... thats just not what the VR motor sounds like

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm in the process of switching from T1R resonated to an HKS resonated..the T1R does sound good right now though but I heard the HKS resonated is quieter and that will be good for pairing with downpipes

·
Vendor
3,045 Posts
As MC said there isn't really a lot of variation in y-pipe sounds except when you start talking about resonated ones.

When we were testing ours the only real change was made by how far down the pipe the collector was placed....even then the sound difference was minimal.

You have to remember...its all the same pipe...there is really only one difference and thats the collector.

I personally like the quality and finish of the Boost Logic midpipe...it also comes coated which is a unique factor.

~Cicio

·
Registered
258 Posts
I bought the Mines exhaust with a non-resonated y-pipe.

No drone and sounds great. Great daily driver exhaust.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts