Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The Antagonist
1,302 Posts
Hello Gentlemen,

Well my options for a 2012 are dwindling down and I'm settling on a 2013 lease. I wanted to know which company several of you have had more success, better money factor and residul with. I have heard good and bad things about both and just wanted to get experiences that several of you have gone through. I don't want to try both of them since they are each a separate hard credit inquiry. Please post your stories good or bad. i.e. "Got a great rate at MSRP with so and so..." OR "They approved me for a lease but then told me to return the car or put a larger down payment."

Thanks in advance,

David

·
Registered
855 Posts
Nissan will have the highest residual value. US Bank usually has lower residual value but better money factor.

If the payment ends of being similar, I would go with US Bank since they have a friendly lease transfer policy. With Nissan, they allow transfers, but you are still responsible for the lease if the other party defaults.

·
The Antagonist
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lease transfer part is a good peace of mind.

·
Registered
334 Posts
NMAC-worst organization I've ever had the displeasure of working with.

I aboslutely love my GT-R!!!!!! And if I would have know I had to go through all this with NMAC I would not have "bought" it.

·
The Antagonist
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NMAC-worst organization I've ever had the displeasure of working with.

I aboslutely love my GT-R!!!!!! And if I would have know I had to go through all this with NMAC I would not have "bought" it.
Please elaborate for the benefit of others, what exactly happened?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I don't even know where to begin, I'll just hit on the highlights.

-Can never get name off lease if transferring
-Took forever for them to get me paperwork
-I moved twice since getting the car (between states) they don't even know what to do about tax
-Every department is different-sales tax different than personal property tax different from registration etc etc...getting transferred all the time =fustrating
-Trouble finding dealership that will allow me to buy out the lease-no $ in it for them
-Moved from VA to OH. Took the car w/me to OH AFTER speaking w/NMAC to make sure I could pay off the car in VA (lower tax) b/c I still officially lived in the state...they said yes, I flew back to pay it off...NOPE car has to be there in person, Nissan unwilling to ship it (b/c they aren't NMAC) I won't drive it back...I'm stuck

basically at everypoint of dealing with this transaction (except them taking my $....but of course not all of it b/c I can't get anyone to take my 70+K...never thought that would be a problem lol?) it has been a nightmare.

·
Another GT-R
253 Posts
So, based on your experience, would you recommend I finance my incoming 2013 GT-R @ 2.9% with NMAC? I want to lease, but after your experience, and the fact that the lease stays on your credit, I wouldn't want to lease through NMAC. What is the best leasing company alternative?

·
The Antagonist
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well you have Lease Compare and Auto Flex. I'm not sure how many more are out there.

·
Another GT-R
253 Posts
Try Autoflex - http://www.autoflex.com. They're from Dallas but they can deliver anywhere. Great service and transactions. They'll give you different deals or payment methods. I got mine from them - 2012 Black Ed. Try to look for Mike Pennington.
I just completed a quote on Autoflex for a 2013 GT-R and put ATTN to Mike Pennington. Hopefully, I can lease the incoming GT-R that is local to me through Autoflex.

·
Another GT-R
253 Posts
Try Autoflex - http://www.autoflex.com. They're from Dallas but they can deliver anywhere. Great service and transactions. They'll give you different deals or payment methods. I got mine from them - 2012 Black Ed. Try to look for Mike Pennington.
Dude, good call on auto flex. I spoke with Mike P. today and he sent me a preliminary quote on a 2013 GT-R Premium. I told him that my local dealer has one coming in March and that I am going there tomorrow to discuss my trade and put down a deposit on the car. "He said no problem. We just cut a check to the dealer when you're ready and have a buyers order in hand." The terms of the lease are as follows: Money factor (.0164), Length: 36 or 39 months, Residual: $56K. He said that these numbers will not change between now and when the car arrives; I'm pretty much locked in. They don't have any restrictions on lease transfer or selling of the vehicle. Also, he said that if the value of the car at lease end is higher than the residual you only have to pay the residual amount for buyout. Conversely, if the car values lower than the residual then the buyout price is negotiable. The hell with NMAC!

I'm going to the dealer tomorrow morning to see what they can offer for my 2011 Nissan Maxima (I'm a repeat customer so hopefully that helps). I'll probably be upside down about $7-8K, which is fine, because I have $25K to play with to make this deal happen. My goal is to put down between $10-15K on the GT-R so my payment is about $1400 give or take. I'm going to write off the lease payments and maintenance through my IT Consulting company.

·
The Antagonist
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dude, good call on auto flex. I spoke with Mike P. today and he sent me a preliminary quote on a 2013 GT-R Premium. I told him that my local dealer has one coming in March and that I am going there tomorrow to discuss my trade and put down a deposit on the car. "He said no problem. We just cut a check to the dealer when you're ready and have a buyers order in hand." The terms of the lease are as follows: Money factor (.0164), Length: 36 or 39 months, Residual: $56K. He said that these numbers will not change between now and when the car arrives; I'm pretty much locked in. They don't have any restrictions on lease transfer or selling of the vehicle. Also, he said that if the value of the car at lease end is higher than the residual you only have to pay the residual amount for buyout. Conversely, if the car values lower than the residual then the buyout price is negotiable. The hell with NMAC!

I'm going to the dealer tomorrow morning to see what they can offer for my 2011 Nissan Maxima (I'm a repeat customer so hopefully that helps). I'll probably be upside down about $7-8K, which is fine, because I have $25K to play with to make this deal happen. My goal is to put down between $10-15K on the GT-R so my payment is about $1400 give or take. I'm going to write off the lease payments and maintenance through my IT Consulting company.
Would you happen to know what the payments would be like without a down payment?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sure. He said that my payment would be, with those terms, and no down payment, $1455/month. The money factor is super low.
0.0164 is a very high money factor. You must mean 0.00164 which would come out to 3.93% (0.0016x2400). If so, that sounds like a good deal.

NMAC terms last year:

Money Factor Tier 0 approval

Money Factor Tier 2 approval

Residual @ 12k miles per year
24 mos = 74%
36 mos = 64%
39 mos = 63%

·
Another GT-R
253 Posts
Yes, I meant 0.00164. The residual from auto flex is 60% @ 39 mos, which is slightly lower than NMAC's but still decent. I'm thinking of uping my miles to 15k/year so I can drive the car more often.

I can't wait until the car gets here!

·
Registered
9 Posts
just got of the phone with autoflex and the money factors have had fluctuation from quoted .00164 to .00174 to there buy rate with us bank being .00194 telling me we need to make money too on it will be even more! autoflex payment was higher that the .002200 i was quoted by the nissan dealer. funny how the payment was higher with these clowns, by the way i have a low 800 auto score so should be there be there best tier rate. the guy doing the autoflex loan kept saying if i can do it you will come in and sign today right buddy???? he obviously did not know where california is they are in texas. "i'll re right over" this seems like a slam shop.... buyer beware! they must have a dealer agreement with us bank and do not appear to be any more the car dealership slamming contract paper. thanks but as bad as nissan may be i'll be sticking with them!

·
The Antagonist
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just got of the phone with autoflex and the money factors have had fluctuation from quoted .00164 to .00174 to there buy rate with us bank being .00194 telling me we need to make money too on it will be even more! autoflex payment was higher that the .002200 i was quoted by the nissan dealer. funny how the payment was higher with these clowns, by the way i have a low 800 auto score so should be there be there best tier rate. the guy doing the autoflex loan kept saying if i can do it you will come in and sign today right buddy???? he obviously did not know where california is they are in texas. "i'll re right over" this seems like a slam shop.... buyer beware! they must have a dealer agreement with us bank and do not appear to be any more the car dealership slamming contract paper. thanks but as bad as nissan may be i'll be sticking with them!
Sorry to hear about your experience. Did you try Lease Compare?

·
Registered
9 Posts
at this point it's about trust and i trust nissan. i guess i could save a bit but my time is worth more than i might end up saving. i'll check out the site,
BTW autoflex never sent me over the numbers they said they would. i don't blame them as they were not going to add up. also the lease aq fees was quoted at 995. much higher than nissan.
peace out!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.