Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
I'm looking for some 18x10.5" wheels for track duty that have the largest amount of clearance for big brake kits(Alcon) as possible. The Advan TCIII almost fits the bill(it actually clears the calipers) but I need a little more room in the barrel. Heck, an extra 1mm would be ok.

Does anybody know which companies are known to make good quality custom wheels for racing that could do such a job? Anyone know of any off the shelf wheels like the TCIII that may have more room than the TCIII?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
The TE37SL will clear the stock calipers but not Alcons, or the HRE comp series. We have a couple GT-Rs that are running 18in wheels. Let me know if you need anything

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
CCW as well.

But I would run a nice offset, concave Volk TE37 wheel.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
The 18x10.5 TCIII will clear the Alcons, both revisions, but very closely. The TE37 will not. The newer revision of the Alcon caliper up front is ~0.9mm from the barrel so way too close. I'm looking for a wheel with more clearance in the barrel than even the TCIII. So yeah, I'm doing this because I want to run 18s on with the Alcons. I will do 19s if necessary, but I want to eliminate all possibilities with an 18" setup.

·
ACG Automotive
2,588 Posts
HRE makes some great 18" track wheel options like the R40.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Currently the only 18" Advan/Volk wheels that will fit a GTR are the TCIII and TE37. No other wheels they make will clear the GTR R35.

My best suggestion is that you'll need to go with a custom route like HRE, COR, ADV1, etc., or bump up to 19s. TCIII is not offered in 19s.

Here's what I have for TE37 in 19s
19x9.5 +12, 22, 34, 35
19x10.5 +12, 22

No 10 or 11" available for TE37.

There is also the TE37TT.
19x10 +30 (OOS)
19x11 +15 (OOS)
19x9.5 +22 (IN STOCK)
19x11 +15 (IN STOCK)

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My best suggestion is that you'll need to go with a custom route like HRE, COR, ADV1, etc., or bump up to 19s. TCIII is not offered in 19s.
Thanks, those companies to me seem like they put a lot of emphasis into the appearance of the wheel. I care very little how they look, I just want something that will work well on the track. Who is a good custom company for that? Forgestar? CCW? Anyone else?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/ProPioneer
https://www.facebook...123678961108652

if you dont have facebook and want a direct email to them let me know and ill get one for you. they will also be at sema this year too. they can make wheels to your spec and car. ie a 4000lbs car that can withstand 1.5/2g's in the size and weight you need.

i know you wont get this with some of those others.

18,304 Posts
For future reference if anyone looks this up:

HRE does not have an 18 that will clear.
Yoko/Rays tells me they dont have an 18 that will clear, however I physically put the wheel on the car 18x10.5 +22 TE37SL does not fit. 18x10.5 +25 TCIII "fits", as John said .9mm clearance on the revised caliper and 1.6mm on the older calipers.
With a 10.5" wheel in the front there is a boat load of clearance from the caliper face to the face of the wheel.

I have someone coming down tomorrow to do an exact barrel inner diameter of the TCIII and I will post the results in here to see if anyone can help.

If anyone else has any knowledge please do share.

Ive sent the rotor diagrams out to a few companies without much luck thus far.

·
ACG Automotive
2,588 Posts

·
Cuban FlyBoy
702 Posts
18,304 Posts
Alcon kit:

Hi Josh,

I finally got a response from engineering. We cannot fit any of our 18" wheels over that BBK, it's too big. 19", however will work.

Best Regards,

Tito Ruiz, Sales Associate
HRE Performance Wheels
2611 Commerce Way, Suite D.
Vista, CA 92081

·
ACG Automotive
2,588 Posts
Alcon kit:

Hi Josh,

I finally got a response from engineering. We cannot fit any of our 18" wheels over that BBK, it's too big. 19", however will work.

Best Regards,

Tito Ruiz, Sales Associate
HRE Performance Wheels
2611 Commerce Way, Suite D.
Vista, CA 92081
It would help if I read the OP's post in detail... Crow served, and devoured

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any of our monoblock wheels will clear your Alcons, and are designed for track use. We cut everything in-house and can cut any offset you need. Give me a call, I would be happy to talk to you.
Whatever you go with, for track use I would recommend using someone that starts with a traditionally forged blank.

http://www.nagtroc.o...__fromsearch__1

Click on the wheel styles and you will see different track options:

http://www.finspeed....ormance-wheels/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.