Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an alpha 7 kit direct from AMS including a cobb access port only to find out after I received all the parts that Cobb still hasn't completed the base maps for 2018 GTR's. Ive called a couple local shops in utah and they are all saying I just need to wait for cobb. Cant Ecutek tune the car?? I assume they are just calling cobb and cobb is saying "oh just have him wait till we figure it out". Summer is nearing its end and id like to get this A7 kit on my car and be able to enjoy the rest of summer and fall at least. Does anyone have recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
3,849 Posts
I purchased an alpha 7 kit direct from AMS including a cobb access port only to find out after I received all the parts that Cobb still hasn't completed the base maps for 2018 GTR's. Ive called a couple local shops in utah and they are all saying I just need to wait for cobb. Cant Ecutek tune the car?? I assume they are just calling cobb and cobb is saying "oh just have him wait till we figure it out". Summer is nearing its end and id like to get this A7 kit on my car and be able to enjoy the rest of summer and fall at least. Does anyone have recommendations?
I guess the obvious question is: Did you speak about this with AMS?

Alexd

·
Registered
146 Posts
I am sure COBB does a great job but I skipped past them on my EVO 8, STI, and other cars and went straight for 3 custom maps on all my cars, I went with the best I could findeven if I had to drive hours. No cutting corners for me ever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.