Nissan GT-R Forum banner

who doesnt want one of these? Lexus LS-F ‘TMG Edition’

3K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  cynep 
#1 ·
Lexus LS-F 'TMG Edition'

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/09/lexus-ls-f-tmg-edition-spied-with-flared-fenders-650-hp.html

A selection of photos of what is reported to be a new Lexus LS-F model testing at the Nurburgring are circulating the net this morning, but there's more to this story. Several weeks back pictures of the car first hit the net along with photos of an upcoming LFA GTE race car that will be campaigned at the 24 Hours of Le Mans next year. At the request of Toyota those pictures were taken down, but they did not disappear and have reemerged now that the car has been spied again - and this time there are detailed specifications as well.
The widebody DTM-style uber-sedan (can you call a Japanese luxury sedan uber?) is actually named the TMG (Toyota Motorsport GmbH) Edition and looks to have been built by the brand's motorsports division. The specs are intriguing but not exactly conclusive with a 650-hp engine reportedly under the hood. Thanks to a spied spec sheet the TMG Edition's engine has a displacement of 5.0-liters and revs to 9000 rpm. Could it be a twin-turbo version of the IS-F motor? Or perhaps a larger displacement version of the LFA's engine? We have a feeling more will be revealed at the Tokyo Auto Show in December.

See less See more
#2 ·
Not diggin' the styling but wow kudos to Lexus for actually having the balls to do this to it's "library on wheels". 650hp...

#6 ·
What is the gas mileage?

#11 ·
Great family car indeed. For someone who has a stable of cars the likes of an R35, you can't exactly feel comfy driving a Camry as your grocery getter. I've always liked this model Lexus anyway. Only thing it needs is AWD, and it'd be a perfect sedan. Can you say M5 killer?

#12 ·
not seeing where I would pick that over an M3 or Audi S4.

#14 ·
Is that a Pontiac GTO? Hyundai Genesis? Sorry, Toyota.

Generic at it's finest. Sleeper beast, if that's your sort of thing. I'd rather get C63 AMG for "smoke your doors off" than bland Toyoduh. Definitely not my cup of sake.

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Touche.... But Which Nissan are you dissin? Murano? It can... It looks.. Its a

oh screw you!

And tl? Its Type S manual with ASpec kit. Yeah. And comfy. And cheap.

At least I got a GT-R. Hey, who let this loser in?

You flick.

Ps. At lest those two cars got a personality and don't look like everything else on the road. Well Murano, maybe, but that's because everyone else copied it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.