Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What companies make a 18x12 wheel for the rear of the GTR? Looking for something that isn't astronomically priced since this will be for the strip mostly. Weight doesn't really matter.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
What companies make a 18x12 wheel for the rear of the GTR? Looking for something that isn't astronomically priced since this will be for the strip mostly. Weight doesn't really matter.

Thanks.
I heard einkees or soemthing like that ( spelling might be wrong most likely ) is a good light and track wheel for the GTR . Their seems to be 1 specific model ( I think c1 they call it ) that has the proper offsets for us .

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
Easy. Running a 305 tire in the rear on a 18x12 vs 18x11 or let's say running 295 in the rear on a 18x12 instead of 18x10.5
Given. Unnecessary weight, or an improperly fitted tire both have disadvantages. I was under the impression that a person who is familiar at drag racing understand wheel/tire widths, and asked a very specific question. He looks like he already has an 18" wheel, but wants a wider tire (or a wheel that fits the current size better).

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Shrug ya never know. I always like to ask before giving a recommendation. But yes the Forgestar 18x12 might be your only option. I looked through my Volk/Advan list and no 18x12.

I'm guessing he's probably going to run 335/30/18?

Given. Unnecessary weight, or an improperly fitted tire both have disadvantages. I was under the impression that a person who is familiar at drag racing understand wheel/tire widths, and asked a very specific question. He looks like he already has an 18" wheel, but wants a wider tire (or a wheel that fits the current size better).

·
Registered
335 Posts
How much do they weigh Matt? Where are they made?
The F14 18x11 we do for Porsches usually runs around 21 lbs. A 18x12 will be similar. Lowest offset we could do would be +36 on the F14 or CF5. The 5 spoke CF5s are heavier than the F14 though.

The blanks are made in Asia and are them machined in the US at Forgestar's facilities to your preferred specs.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
SSR has 18x12 wheels also. Offset will be run to figure out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.