Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As some here know, I have yet to buy my GT-R. I am wanting to throw a 1:18 scale model of an R35 on my desk...a bit of eye candy and most of all motivation.

From what I can gather, Kyosho and AUTOart seem to be the top of the heap when it comes to detail and quality. I've had many AUTOart models in the past, and they never disappoint, but I am curious to see if Kyosho (or any other company) has a better product more worth my purchase.

·
Founder/Admin
26,441 Posts
ive had both and they are very similar in quality as in you wont go wrong with either but i would go with the Autoart just because i think its just a little better and there are more choices in the GTR line up from them especially if you like the racing versions like me

I have both the super GT 500 and the GT3 GTR from them on my desk and they are awesome

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive had both and they are very similar in quality as in you wont go wrong with either but i would go with the Autoart just because i think its just a little better and there are more choices in the GTR line up from them especially if you like the racing versions like me

I have both the super GT 500 and the GT3 GTR from them on my desk and they are awesome
Wow, thanks for the feedback. After searching the forum and finding only a similar topic, I saw NAGTROC sold Kyoshos a few years back. I assumed the Kyosho, but I appreciate your honest opinion.

·
Founder/Admin
26,441 Posts
Wow, thanks for the feedback. After searching the forum and finding only a similar topic, I saw NAGTROC sold Kyoshos a few years back. I assumed the Kyosho, but I appreciate your honest opinion.
yeah way back in the day i had worked with them and sold a few dozen on here but that sort of fell through as it was a pain logistically to keep doing. but yeah they are good for sure quality. and if you want a regular GTR both are great choices. its just Autoart offers a Spec V in the black opal purple which is really cool and offers some neat race car versions.

I have a nice collection of 1:43 aswell and for those i alternate between Kyosho and Ebbro

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah way back in the day i had worked with them and sold a few dozen on here but that sort of fell through as it was a pain logistically to keep doing. but yeah they are good for sure quality. and if you want a regular GTR both are great choices. its just Autoart offers a Spec V in the black opal purple which is really cool and offers some neat race car versions.

I have a nice collection of 1:43 aswell and for those i alternate between Kyosho and Ebbro
Thanks again. I haven't seen the black opal purple yet.

I saw one maker offers real pistons on the trunk (can't remember which one, if not both).

·
Founder/Admin
26,441 Posts
if you really want the best you have to get this from the GTR Magazine its a 1:8th scale model that has 100 parts and each part is sent to you as part of the monthly magazine.. so it takes like 2 years to get all the parts and you have to assemble it yourself

like seriously one month you get a tire

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's damn cool. Either that's a 1:12, or that guy is super tiny.

I guess I AM huge in Japan. lol

if you really want the best you have to get this from the GTR Magazine its a 1:8th scale model that has 100 parts and each part is sent to you as part of the monthly magazine.. so it takes like 2 years to get all the parts and you have to assemble it yourself

like seriously one month you get a tire

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
I have both a Kyosho Black Obsidian LHD street GT-R and an AutoArt GT500 Test Model. I consider both equally good but picked Kyosho for my street version because at the time AutoArt only had RHD models. I think you can't go wrong with either one. The last AutoArt Black Edition I looked at came in a display box so you didn't have to take it out of the packaging to show it off. Kyosho uses sealed styrofoam cases for theirs so you'd need to purchase a display case so that might be a consideration.

I have mine on a shelf in my living room:

I'm more into the 1/43rd's myself and have around 40 or so GT-Rs of varying vintage in that collection. Just added another one actually today - a black Ebbro R35 Spec V that I was stupid enough to miss out on when they first came out. But I snagged one off eBay so now I'm happy :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have both a Kyosho Black Obsidian LHD street GT-R and an AutoArt GT500 Test Model. I consider both equally good but picked Kyosho for my street version because at the time AutoArt only had RHD models. I think you can't go wrong with either one. The last AutoArt Black Edition I looked at came in a display box so you didn't have to take it out of the packaging to show it off. Kyosho uses sealed styrofoam cases for theirs so you'd need to purchase a display case so that might be a consideration.

I have mine on a shelf in my living room:

I'm more into the 1/43rd's myself and have around 40 or so GT-Rs of varying vintage in that collection. Just added another one actually today - a black Ebbro R35 Spec V that I was stupid enough to miss out on when they first came out. But I snagged one off eBay so now I'm happy :D
I'd prefer a LHD, but RHD is not a deal killer. Detail and quality is the driver for me. A built in display case sure isn't half bad either.

That is ALOT of 1/43s. God bless eBay, the collector's friend.

Thanks for the input and pics.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
I'd prefer a LHD, but RHD is not a deal killer. Detail and quality is the driver for me. A built in display case sure isn't half bad either.

That is ALOT of 1/43s. God bless eBay, the collector's friend.

Thanks for the input and pics.
Actually, AutoArt now makes LHD. IIRC correctly the Black Edition I looked at was LHD. I bought my Kyosho a long time ago and AutoArt didn't have LHD models then but they do now.

One thing you might want to check though before buying an AutoArt is whether it's a fully detailed model with opening doors and hood or a "shell" model that doesn't. I don't really collect 1/18s since I usually buy race cars and there's a wider selection of that in 1/43 so I'm no expert but I know AutoArt makes different types of models and I'm not sure if all their GT-Rs have full detail or not. The shells are cheaper of course but you don't get the extra detail. I believe the shells also come in the display box packaging while the full detail ones come packaged in sealed styrofoam for better protection of the moving parts. Just something to consider.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I just ordered a silver one. MCs favorite is an awesome one. How is it labeled? love to get a hold of one.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I prefer AutoArt. My AutoArt 1/18 scale GT-R collection includes an R35 in grey with matte black wheels, an R35 SpecV in Opal Black, an R34 in midnight purple and an R33 Nismo in matte black.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.