Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
hi guys

after installing my catless downpipes, i can't really hear the oem bovs anymore via my top secret intake

so now thinking about the hks bovs as i prefer a bolt on bov rather than having to play around and adjust the spring tension on say the gfb's - i have no clue how to set up bovs and not sure i want to bother

anyone running the newer ssqv4's and can provide feedback on running them vta and recirc

to run them recirc, do you get anything in the kit to plug the turbo inlet pipe?

i have done pretty much all the popular bolts on now and soon an e85 map

cheers

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm running SSQV4 and it includes a recirc fitting from HKS, so nothing else was needed. I was hesitant to run full atmos due to some postings with negative feedback. However, HKS documentation included with the BOV specifically states no idling issues and COBB verified when they tuned my car. FYI, I'm running turbo-back exhaust and AAM intakes.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
so you're saying you can tune around the rich a/f when vta

hmmm i won't be able to land a set to Aus before i visit my tuner next week

hoping this is something he could do via an e-tune then

i really want these to vta - if they sound too ott than i'll recirc them

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Although it is preferred in our opinion to recalculate BOV's when running MAF's, we've had many customers with the HKS SSQV4's who have reported no significant noticeable difference in drivability. The factory computer adapts quite well (whereas several other vehicles ie. Mitsubishis tend to stall out when coming back to idle from a higher rpm when vented).

So, if you are only upgrading your BOV's, that generally does not warrant a retune with the GT-R.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Mike I'm actually looking at your upper pipe kit with the ssqv's

What is the additional cost for polished pipes?

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Domino -- if you are getting an e85 tune in the near future, just have your tuner convert you to speed density. After that, there will be no issues running BOVs to vta. Skip the upper pipes and get a fitting that allows the HKS acorns to mate to the stock uppers.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm already on e85 now but speed density is alot of work

Ive bought the flange and recirc fitting from Alibaba and will run them recirc off oem upper pipes

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
The conversion to speed density should take no more than 2 hours of dyno time for your tuner.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im not going to bother when my tuner told me to stay away from vta bov's

ill be recirc'ing my ssqv's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts