Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm curious. Is it a new trend that is starting, or is it something else? It can't just be the fact that center caps cost $200 a set, I've seen what you guys spend on other small things.

So what is it? Enlighten me please! I've ordered a set with my wheels but I think I still have time to cancel that order if "cap less" is the new rage.

Thanks,

-Bob

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Have to lose those extra few ounces to win the race. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning.

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Three likely reasons for this phenomenon you've observed:

1) $200 additional for center caps
2) Center Caps are often on backorder
3) The dealer that sold the wheels failed to mention that the center caps are not included
4) They didn't buy them from Forged Performance. (shameless plug)

·
Registered
768 Posts
I don't like the look without center caps.

So, I run them...

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Most of our customers end up just not wanting them due to the $200/wait times in some cases, and most see them without the center caps on the cars shown typically so they like the look
Lawerence

·
GTRLIFE BOTM August 2015
1,042 Posts
When I ordered mine, SP Engineering told me the cost (almost fell out of chair ) and that they were on back order. They came about 2 weeks after I ordered my wheels which was pretty fast from what I'm told. I think more people have them than you think...here is why: I believe that like most folks, when you get your new rims you immediately run out and take pictures and post them on here for maximum likes. People don't bother redoing the pictures once their center caps come in. So the bulk of the photos you see on here are people who are still waiting...not that they didn't order them.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I bought the flat black center caps. Decided I like the look of them off rather than on. (Waste of 200$) lol.

I'll probably include them with a sale if I ever decide to switch wheels or get rid of the car.

·
Registered
768 Posts

·
ACG Automotive
2,588 Posts
Personally, I like seeing the hub. So I never ran them on my car.

More often than not I just paint the hubs black, nice "motorsport" feel to the car.

And $50-60 per cap is ridiculous.

·
GTRLIFE BOTM August 2015
1,042 Posts
Personally, I like seeing the hub. So I never ran them on my car.

More often than not I just paint the hubs black, nice "motorsport" feel to the car.

And I thought cleaning the barrel and calipers was annoying on gold....my OCD issues would result in daily cleaning of my car if they were white! Looks killer...just couldn't imagine cleaning them as often as I would need to!

·
ACG Automotive
2,588 Posts
And I thought cleaning the barrel and calipers was annoying on gold....my OCD issues would result in daily cleaning of my car if they were white! Looks killer...just couldn't imagine cleaning them as often as I would need to!
HAHA. My client had the same issue so we Ceramic Pro coated his wheels, inner barrels and all and the calipers a week later. It helps significantly!

·
Registered
7,396 Posts

Was just calculating this... I'm trying to think why the cost is that high, but the only thing I can think of is that people pay it.

I mean - even a one off custom piece of flat metal......, R&D........., custom offset..........., airflow.........., turbo sound..........., Nothing. I got nothing.

·
Registered
768 Posts
you had me Ceramic.... where/who does this? Tell me more.
Find a high end detailer near you. They usually offer Ceramic Pro, Opticoat Pro, CQUARTZ, all similar coatings for painted surfaces.

I coated my Advan GT Premiums with Opticoat and left to cure for 48 hours.

·
GTRLIFE BOTM August 2015
1,042 Posts
Thanks guys, I didn't realize this was something that could be applied like Opti and CQ....The search is on!

·
R35
283 Posts
Most of our customers end up just not wanting them due to the $200/wait times in some cases, and most see them without the center caps on the cars shown typically so they like the look
Lawerence
Ya well i want mine with center caps ...where is my price you told me you would text me back with...LOL

1 - 20 of 35 Posts