Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spoke to my service adviser at Nissan and he told me when i Launch my 2010 GTR not to put the R button up..Then why is it there im confused if its so dangerous to put it on why put the thing there in the first place. I thought it was there specifically for the launch purpose...Please help im confused:(((((

·
Founder/Admin
26,502 Posts
he doesnt know what he is talking about

as long as you dont turn the VDC to OFF you can launch it as much as you want within reason

now with that said the launch in the 2010 is set up that you dont have to have the buttons in any particular configuration...but changing them to R has no bearing on harming the car in any way

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
There are a lot of threads regarding voiding warranty if you launch the GTR with R mode off and you have a transmission problem due to the launch (I believe some have had theirs denied even when the transmission failed sometime after the launch).
The R mode off is to disable traction control so it doesn't interfere with driving on a road course for those drivers who can push the GTR to its limit without going off the track. I would suggest leaving traction control on while at the track until you push the GTR hard enough to intervene. It was not initially designed for launching as per Nissan.
With R mode off you will also get a better launch due to the traction control not acknowledging wheel slip and cutting power (maybe someone can correct me, but in the 2010, don't you have to have R mode engaged to launch?

·
Founder/Admin
26,502 Posts
no you dont have to have R mode engaged for LC2.. you can launch it with all the setting in the middle normal position..but i suggest atleast putting VDC in R so it will be a bit more relaxed on traction coming on

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright so let me get this straight if i leave all the switches in the neutral position and I "launch" its fine but if i use the R mode it will give me more of a bite??? I know the 2010 the RPM's were brought down to 3000 to resist blowing up the rear. so listen guys if you were me and a worthy opponent pulls next to me put R up or go neutral??? fire away boys!! by the way thanks for the help I really appreciate it:)

·
Founder/Admin
26,502 Posts
R mode doesnt make the launch faster or give the car more power...it just would make the gear shifts a bit quicker and would make the traction control a little less likely to come on and botch the launch.. other than that it would be the same

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
The 2010 has LC2, which is around 2500-2700RPMs for launch (adjusted by pumping the throttle after RPMs level off).

The 2011 has LC3, which is around 3300 RPMs.

*edit: The service adviser is an idiot. Name? I don't mind calling ignorant Nissan employees who don't know crap about their own products (solidifies my derogatory view towards people who work at dealerships).

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
FYI turning VDC Off doesn't trigger an event in the blackbox

Excessive wheelspin with VDC Off triggers an event

·
Registered
809 Posts
Launch the 2010 LC2 with the 1st toggle and the VDC (3rd toggle) both in R (race) mode. I keep the suspension (2nd toggle) in its softest ride mode to allow more give to the suspension during the launch.

It will be faster and is more fun. Otherwise I agree with most comments above, and it won't void your warranty!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
FYI turning VDC Off doesn't trigger an event in the blackbox
This is wrong . Iv seen it with my own eyes on the consult 3 black box data, theirs a VDC line . Showing BOolean input . Which means on = 0 and off = 1 . An the other scale of the graph is the milleage .. That's what I saw

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.