Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
What did I do to my Navi unit to cause it to make these annoying "ice cream truck" chimes about 4 blocks from my home? I need to make it stop that!
Last Sept I got my A/V unit replaced and went into the Navi and made some preference choices, but I must've set something to cause it to do this. I does it every time, even with nav off. Can someone help?

·
R35 member
226 Posts
If you put a freezer in the back with ice cream in it, you would be the delight all of the neighbourhood kids!

·
Registered
65 Posts
You guys suck!
I must've set a way point or something. That's all I can think. I've looked, but can't see where to disable this!
You did set a waypoint. When I first got mine I was dicking with the nav and set a destination for fun. Then I forgot about it. About 5 hours later I started getting the chimes and was pissed that something was already wrong with it already. Read almost the entire manual before figuring it out and confessing idiocy to the nice lady in the computer.

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You did set a waypoint. When I first got mine I was dicking with the nav and set a destination for fun. Then I forgot about it. About 5 hours later I started getting the chimes and was pissed that something was already wrong with it already. Read almost the entire manual before figuring it out and confessing idiocy to the nice lady in the computer.
ok! Now we're onto something! Can you tell me where to look for this D*** waypoint in the UI? It does sound like an ice cream truck doesn't it?

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't actually remember how I got rid of it. It was a 10 minute process of going through all the nav menus until I found a "cancel navigation" choice.
Really, cancel navigation? Seems like an unlikely choice, because I'm not actively using the navigation. It makes this chime all the time, but I'll go look through all the menus again. Will let you all know if I find out how to cancel it.

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Know what's even odder? It only chimes going towards my home in the development, never away from it. I have to wonder if deleting my home address from the addr book would make it stop?

·
2010 Super Silver
584 Posts
It doesn't look like the OP's question has been addressed so I'll take a stab at it based on what you've provided. In the Navigation system, you can save destinations to which you frequently drive (e.g. home, work, etc.). When you're saving those addresses, you have the option of assigning an audible tone to each address (e.g. seagulls, dog barking, ice cream man noise). Go back into your list of saved addresses and modify your home address to longer make that noise. I believe you can also set the distance to destination at which the noise is annunciated as well, in case you want to select a different noise for "home". I think the system will annunciate the noise regardless of whether you have set the address as a destination and are actively navigating there. I know my system (in a 2010) will give me the seagull noise every time I pass a specific point in relation to my work address. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It doesn't look like the OP's question has been addressed so I'll take a stab at it based on what you've provided. In the Navigation system, you can save destinations to which you frequently drive (e.g. home, work, etc.). When you're saving those addresses, you have the option of assigning an audible tone to each address (e.g. seagulls, dog barking, ice cream man noise). Go back into your list of saved addresses and modify your home address to longer make that noise. I believe you can also set the distance to destination at which the noise is annunciated as well, in case you want to select a different noise for "home". I think the system will annunciate the noise regardless of whether you have set the address as a destination and are actively navigating there. I know my system (in a 2010) will give me the seagull noise every time I pass a specific point in relation to my work address. Hope this helps...
So far I haven't been able to defeat this sound. I'll try your suggestion and let you know! thanks

·
2010 Super Silver
584 Posts
Ok, can't figure out how to modify my addresses.
Have you tried deleting your Home address and remaking it? I'm like 3000 miles away from my car at the moment and I can't remember how to edit it without having the display in front of me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.