Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
engine service light came on today, was able to reset and it go away and is time to do POS service =(

·
COBB Tuning Firmware Engineer (Hacker)
1,615 Posts
The best thing to do is to uninstall the AccessPORT before service. It will just make it easier on you and the tech.

Joe

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
engine service light came on today, was able to reset and it go away and is time to do POS service =(
I don't understand...

Is your question - Can the dealer perform POS, even though I have a Cobb AP tune installed? If so, yes, depending on version of tune (ask your tuner, or check with Cobb if you are using a canned tune - I believe as of v3.3, there is an ability to communicate with the ECU with the AP installed).

or

Can the dealer perform the POS using the 0005 version of the AP? If so, no.

Most likely, you meant the former. I was just clarifying.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I don't understand...

Is your question - Can the dealer perform POS, even though I have a Cobb AP tune installed? If so, yes, depending on version of tune (ask your tuner, or check with Cobb if you are using a canned tune - I believe as of v3.3, there is an ability to communicate with the ECU with the AP installed).

or

Can the dealer perform the POS using the 0005 version of the AP? If so, no.

Most likely, you meant the former. I was just clarifying.
Can the dealer perform the POS using the 0005 version of the AP? If so, no. <----- ouch
I have large MAF don't really want to uninstall it and drive around =(
Will they able to at least do stuff like clutch relearn?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
You must uninstall this version of the Cobb or service tech will not be able to communicate to do clutch relearn.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Can the dealer perform the POS using the 0005 version of the AP? If so, no. <----- ouch
I have large MAF don't really want to uninstall it and drive around =(
Will they able to at least do stuff like clutch relearn?
Ask your tuner if the dealer can communicate with the ECU while the AP is still installed. If not, and you would prefer to leave the tune in, I recommend asking your tuner to create a tune that DOES allow ECU communications. I am not sure if the dealer cannot do a clutch relearn if a 'blocking tune' is installed. Because this is in the TCM, and v0005 AP does not interface the TCM, I don't see why not.

When I left my v2 tune in the car, and took it in for a POS, I know they could do the engine balancing, and verify/check for updates. I do not believe this would stop a clutch relearn.

Anybody else, please chime in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts