Nissan GT-R Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am heading in the direction of buying a 2013, I am curious if all the hard work that was spent getting the 2012 GTR to work with the nis006 is port-able to the 2013? My guy is offering me two new nis006 units again, but if they wont work with the 2013, I dont see a need to keep one for my self.

With 2013's out now, someone HAS to have connected a nis006 to it by now, no? Let me know, it will determine if I keep one of the new nis006's I have coming, or if I list them both on ebay.

Thanks!

·
COBB Tuning Firmware Engineer (Hacker)
1,615 Posts
Since I am heading in the direction of buying a 2013, I am curious if all the hard work that was spent getting the 2012 GTR to work with the nis006 is port-able to the 2013? My guy is offering me two new nis006 units again, but if they wont work with the 2013, I dont see a need to keep one for my self.

With 2013's out now, someone HAS to have connected a nis006 to it by now, no? Let me know, it will determine if I keep one of the new nis006's I have coming, or if I list them both on ebay.

Thanks!
The AP-NIS-006 already supports two world market MY12 GT-R (same as the 2013 USDM) but I don't have a 2013 USDM rom yet. The 2013 is just a recompile of the 2012 so everything will work! We flashed LC5 to our 2012 GT-R to see if it is any better. I'll let you guys know what we find out about that.

Joe

·
[ MotorMotives ]
541 Posts
if it works on the 2013, please hook me up with the other one

-AJ

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AWESOME JoeGR! If ANYONE KNOWS Cobb tuning and the GT-Rs, its you ! Excited. I'd be interested to hear from a 'tuning' point of view, what did they do on the 2013 vs 2012? Did they just increase boost a hair? Also can the more aggressive 2012 BETA maps be used on the USDM 2013 cars?

EXCITING..

Jon

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Could someone with a 2013 AND a nis006 'pull' the rom data off their car and send it to you, like we can now with a Data log file? I'd be willing to help with this, as I will have a nis006 that I can temporarily install on a 2013 owners car here in chicagoland (chicago has a lot of GTRs) or I can send them a nis006 at a great price if not in chicago, but own a 2013 AND are willing to do this for us.

Thanks for all the help with this Joe!

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Joe we will have one to send to you guys early/mid next week

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
LOL keep one for yourself?

See, you didn't even make it 24 hours without considering a mod for your 2013 ;)

and you havent even picked up the 2013 yet. You might need to get some counseling for your addictions lmao. Im jk. :D Get that premium 2013 already!

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
LOL keep one for yourself? See, you didn't even make it 24 hours without considering a mod for your 2013 ;) and you havent even picked up the 2013 yet. You might need to get some counseling for your addictions lmao. Im jk. :D Get that premium 2013 already!
Hahaha.. good point, you 'win' if we consider a 'tune' modding, and I completely agree it is. I think what I meant is I will NOT be doing any exhuast mod, or intakes or any of that stuff. A tune is SOOOO easy to put on and take off, for warranty related issues, that its a NON issue. But having to deal with exhaust or intake changes just to NOT arouse suspicion at a dealership, just isnt worth it to me. But yes, agreed, I said I wouldnt mod, and I should have qualified that, I will likely mod JUST one thing.. the tune or 2 if you consider a clear bra a mod

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Happy to help too if any Chicagoans have a 2013, I'll hook ya up on a nis006. So I can get the ROM copied off your 2013 and send it to Joe.

Think my local dealer that has a black one instock would mind a quick programming session on their floor model???? kidding...

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I should have access to a 2013 USDM GTR very shortly.

I'll keep a eye on this thread and dump it our for Joe if he still needs it

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh, heck, i didnt even know there was a LC5 ! Thats kinda cool. I thought the 2013 got its ever so slightly better time from the 15 hp, didnt think about actual improvements in the LC.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.