Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
We said nearly fourteen days ago that in a 'fortnight' (14 days in Aussie speak) we would have our integrated R35 GTR Differential Cooling System released, and now here it is. We call it WR35DC and its fully engineered from top to bottom as all our products are to work seamlessly on a track orientated or hard driven R35 GTR without cutting or drilling anything. Here are the parts that come in the complete kit -

As you can see this is a fully comprehensive kit as per other Willall Racing product. Nothing needs to be cut, shut, moved, or modified to fit these parts, with the result being to cool the high operating temperatures of the rear differential that can run to an excess of 270F in the right hard driven conditions (and closer to a constant 210F when WR35DC cooled)

A CNC machined mounting bracket, 13 row cooler, high pressure and temperature crimped lines and every other nut, bolt, fitting, and mounting part you need

Here is where WR35DC mounts, up behind the rear differential, but before the exhaust system in holes that already exist in the factory R35 GTR crossmember. There are a couple of reasons for this mounting position, but the very first is to get air from the underbody transmission air scoop, and the second is to allow for ANY conventional aftermarket exhaust system. Correct - WR35DC will mount with any aftermarket exhaust, regardless of brand. We know this as it sits behind the sway bar travel arc without any interference.

Some neat touches that show the full level of the engineering we have put into this product are -
1) A new air deflector system from under the rear differential that bolts in place of the factory part and provides adequate clearance
3) A 'Jacking Point' adatper that bolts to the undertray and means you can still jack the car off the factory point without damaging anything or pushing against any part of the WR35DC Rear Differential Cooler system when changing tires at the track

For those that already have a Willall Racing WR35TC or TC-F GR6 Transmission Cooler we have a 'double pump' loom extension that plugs in place to drive the differential pump without any wiring modification. If you have the WR35TC or TC-F then the WR35DC will be triggered by the existing transmission temperature thermostat that is already in the system. Otherwise its a manual switch system we provide with the kit

If you subscribe to the above and have an existing Willall Racing WR35TC or TC-F Transmission Cooler we also have a 'double shot' pump bracket that holds both the existing transmission cooler fluid pump and the new WR35DC differential cooler pump.

Regardless of any cooler systems you already might have WR35DC is $1495 complete, just let your Willall Distributor know when you order

Temperature test data - and its sure to impress you - in the next couple of days

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
looks good, however im waiting to hear about the temp differnce between this and the trans cooler. zele/nismo seems to think this is better (i dunno, maybe it was just cheaper or easier?).

price is pretty high considering alot of people have been making there own for around $600 or so, but of course thats all DIY and we know how that can go at times. but i think the cost is lower than the ZELE product, comes as direct bolt on. zele also puts there's in a differnt section.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Martin,

Does this require additional differential fluid to be put in the system to keep the pressure the same. (I assume having the diff fluid go through the cooler enlarges the system and requires more fluid to keep the same pressure.) A follow on question would be does the tc also require more trans fluid to be put in than stock to keep appropriate pressure inthe system?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure where you are coming from Mindless. We dont know of an existing GTR differential cooler that covers each facet of the installation with engineering such as new air ducts for the undertray, through to a revised jacking point system, and of course all of the fluid drive hardware itself. Of course a solution that simply cools the differential without considering fitment and integration into the car proper could possibly be done cheaper, however if you are looking for less than well thought out, tested or engineered budget product solutions for GTR you are talking to the wrong people......there are plenty doing that already

s1gins, the rear differential capacity is increased by 0.6 quarts with WR35DC in place which is a handy buffer over the stock quantity. 4 x 1L packs of WR35DF are now needed for a complete front/rear differential service once WR35DC is fitted. Either WR35TC GR6 transmission cooler will be serviced by the existing 10 Litre WR35TM container

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Not sure where you are coming from Mindless. We dont know of an existing GTR differential cooler that covers each facet of the installation with engineering such as new air ducts for the undertray, through to a revised jacking point system, and of course all of the fluid drive hardware itself. Of course a solution that simply cools the differential without considering fitment and integration into the car proper could possibly be done cheaper, however if you are looking for less than well thought out, tested or engineered budget product solutions for GTR you are talking to the wrong people......there are plenty doing that already

s1gins, the rear differential capacity is increased by 0.6 quarts with WR35DC in place which is a handy buffer over the stock quantity. 4 x 1L packs of WR35DF are now needed for a complete front/rear differential service once WR35DC is fitted. Either WR35TC GR6 transmission cooler will be serviced by the existing 10 Litre WR35TM container
very nice part for sure, did you say you are working on a kit for the front diff? i heard its tiny it really needs more capacity and im sure it needs cooling.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yano we are always working on new product, the key being to integrate any new development with existing systems we have in place for the car. A good example being the WR35DC and how it works in conjunction with WR35TC. Watch for some new developments very soon, but first we will present the final data on WR35DC

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Each of these products is seamlessly integrated already....WR35TC can share its wiring harness and billet pump mount with WR35DC. Under the car it all makes sense and fits perfectly within the constraints of the factory underbody. We are looking forward to presenting our test data to you shortly

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Each of these products is seamlessly integrated already....WR35TC can share its wiring harness and billet pump mount with WR35DC. Under the car it all makes sense and fits perfectly within the constraints of the factory underbody. We are looking forward to presenting our test data to you shortly
is there any chance you need other cars like say jasons or my car or sharifs to be test beds for some of your products too?

since we are heading into summer here at 90-95temps would be good for a test bed and having a different track and different cars and different drivers would provide more real world test results vs just the one car in aussie?

let me know i would love to be involved

Front Diff cooler
rear diff cooler
radiator
FMIC
tranny cooler

Oh yeah lets do it

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yano, thanks for the questions.
We have cars testing these products in Australia and Asia at the moment, and in the next week or two America. The results of WR35DC are extremely impressive, as an unexpected 'win' from adding the differential cooler is that it truly makes like easier for the transmission cooling as well, resulting in extremely rapid temperature control. It makes sense too, scavenging heat from the entire transaxle assembly rather than a single part of it

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
very nice part for sure, did you say you are working on a kit for the front diff? i heard its tiny it really needs more capacity and im sure it needs cooling.
do i get any points for guessing about the front diff

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Martin, he refers to the Zele diff cooler which does all of that and it's in carbon fibre with pretty earls fittings too ;) . Of course it is 238,000 yen.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Thanks for that Kris

We dont use decorative fittings on WR35DC, we use industry JIC high pressure crimp fittings for zero chance of leakage. Part of the thinking of using steel fittings is to use 'like' metals, ie. the fitting is the same material as the thread which means there is little chance of an incompatibility when the fittings are installed and tightened. It doesnt look as pretty as you say, but there is much less chance of something going wrong - they are actually more expensive than coloured aluminium fittings too!

Our hoses and fittings are one of our biggest strengths, coming from a high pressure high temperature industrial environment, rather than automotive background, and one that follows our mission statement of engineering the product to work, in the hardest conditions, at all costs

From looking at the Zele kit it doesnt seem as though they have addressed the jacking point issue with the undertray. We did this with a specially designed spacer, as if this isnt there the offset load from the jack will pick up agains the undertray and the differential drain and possibly cause undertray damage. Just an observation, but we have reasons why we produced the parts we did

(Also notice our wiring loom connectors are proper weatherproof types - more expensive of course - that are designed for use in harsh environments eg. underneath a GTR. They have silicone boots to stop water ingress into the connections and avoid corrosion. Thats a transport industry consideration - as all our wiring looms are made by the top transport industry wiring professionals in the country, and failure is NOT an option)

Please do not take this as a criticism of anything Zele have done. Their work is refreshingly their own, and I am sure they have their reasons for doing what they have. We also have ours, and thats what makes this whole industry exciting

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Indeed I understand all your points and please don't take my post as a criticism either. I would rather have a solid functional item with test data I can understand over a product that looks fantastic on the shelf. Especially when it's going under the car never to be seen again anyway... haha

Great work and I appreciate the background and thoughtfulness that seems to go into every product you guys make.

Anyways - i haven't been getting your usual email product updates lately?! What gives :D

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Patience Mindless

This isnt a case of writing down the data of the dashboard, but rather integrating the thermocouple data we have for the differential fluid, and then comparing its effect on the transmission as well. You, and everyone else will have a finalised version of our testing information very soon, once I have it collated and formatted correctly. Needless to say the result are imrpessive, and will more than likely be presented in their own thread!

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
glad to know. i knew nismo and zele had something going here. but nismo didnt offer a product and zele is pretty expensive. neither of them provided specific data.

while your kit IS more expensive than a DIY setup, it does offer the most and your apparently going to provide data soon.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
while your kit IS more expensive than a DIY setup, it does offer the most and your apparently going to provide data soon.
Yes too true Mindless, and thats because as you point out WR35DC is a fully engineered 'kit' where not just some hose and a cooler core is taken into consideration for the price, but every nut, bolt, washer, clearance item....and yes its 'Apparently' tested as well. While it might be considered cool in the eyes of some to risk failure on a GTR by doing something on the cheap or putting it up on the forum to get the 'jump', its a risk we simply won't - and dont need to - take. Accept that, and move on

1 - 20 of 28 Posts