Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got your attention, eh? Just being a little dramatic, please treat this as one more data point, not the be-all-end-all of fluid tests. (Let's keep the conversation civil, shall we?)

Here's a Blackstone report on Willall WR35TM "Victory Spec" fluid with approx 2500 miles and 5 track days on it. It is *not* from my GTR. There used to be this really cool guy Bishman who had a really cool GTR and I got a hold of a sample of his really cool fluid before he traded the car in.

Just to make it easy to compare, I put it side-by-side with my last Nissan GR6 fluid analysis, which had 1450 miles and 3 track days on it. My fluid had seen a couple of occurences of 260F temps on track (before I installed the HKS DCT cooler). I believe Bishman's temps had stayed in the mid-240's at their hottest (he had the HKS DCT cooler).

Summary is lower overall wear from the Willall fluid despite more miles and track days. That is NOT to say that if you run the OEM fluid that your transmission could explode at any moment - stay calm.

Again - please treat this as one data point.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Wow, that looks like a damn good report to me and I ran the balls off the car at the track!! lol

BTW, I had Willall tranny fluid in the car since it had 1500 miles on it. That 'may' be an important fact in the low wear results too. The 'V-Spec' fluid went in a few months before I sold the car as you know.

Shawn?

BTW, I'm not dead; (yet!). lol

Bish

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Thanks for the side by side comparison. This makes me feel even better about running the Willall fluid.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Wow, that looks like a damn good report to me and I ran the balls off the car at the track!! lol

BTW, I had Willall tranny fluid in the car since it had 1500 miles on it. That 'may' be an important fact in the low wear results too. The 'V-Spec' fluid went in a few months before I sold the car as you know.

Shawn?

Bish
nice data results
I'm glad I went with WillAll fluid @ 1173 miles

·
Registered
5,598 Posts

Shawn?

Bish
Round of applause. I HAVE suspected as much, but wasn't sure based on the amount of zinc in the OEM. Although we all cannot jump immediately to conclusions, the likelihood that this would happen was VERY HIGH.

The ONLY remaining question for track users is clutch wear. Although most of what I can surmise from the two fluids is that the clutch should be fine with both, its nice to KNOW for sure.

The remaining question for the daily driver is: Should I use OEM fluid to cruise around town? We aren't for sure yet.

But, I'll give you my opinion:

I'm using 1/2 OEM and 1/2 Willall right now, and once I run out of the OEM to mix into my transmission, I'll have almost 100% WillAll in there.

Shawn

P.S. - Based on THIS: http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=42126, I'm wondering if the initial OEM fluid had a higher zinc content than the "purchased" fluid. Seems odd that your initial zinc is EXACTLY the same as that one, and the follow up is much lower. Unless "zinc takeup" is happening (but that's a conjectured theory amongst oil experts).

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Is anyone doing a Blackstone test with WR35DF differential fluid? This should give some even wider data than the obvious difference in wear between WR35TMVS and factory fill transmission fluid. The presence of Solid Boundary in the oil shuts down wear rates dramatically and in EP applications such as differentials (and overdriven differentials such as the GTR front diff) there is even more of a separation

1 - 10 of 10 Posts