Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got 4 low profile jacks for christmas seems like the easiest way to change tires (jack up all 4 corners) ... Got to thinking, that I could use them to pressure off my new tires as it sits in garage over winter (I take it out every 2-3 weeks when
Roads are nice). You guys think there is any downside to leaving that pressure on the frame for an extended time? I plan on just jacking it up 2-3 pumps taking 1/2 pressure off wheels. I would use the 4 jack points of the frame.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
It would not be good for your new jacks to hold the weight for an extended period of time. Get 4 jack stands and let the weight rest on those and not the jacks. Seems like a big job for only 3 week periods at a time though, if it were months at a time maybe but flat spots will not be a problem in that short of time IMHO.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Agreed, I wouldn't worry too much about flat spots if you are able to get the car out every few weeks.

·
Registered
791 Posts

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the tires....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.