Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may know by now that we have been working on creating the first drivable aftermarket wheel set up for a Bugatti Veyron. It's been a lengthy process with some experimentation but it's a project we'd take on any time again! We can now create wheels for a Bugatti Veyron with no problem at all and that's something we're proud of.

We will getting some photos of it on the Bugatti shortly but for now you guys will have to just enjoy the wheel shots!

Anyway, enough of the talk. Here are some specs:

ADV6.0 Track Specs
Front: 20x11
Rear: 21x14

The finish on the centers is our signature brushed gunmetal with the lips being brushed with a liquid clear coat.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Very average to me for a Veyron, nice wheel design but I've seen too much of it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
taken them up to RPM that equals 260mph+ etc? tested them under the loads Bugatti is capable of?
The wheel is capable or everything, the only problem is the tires. Bugatti is extremely strict with their cars. Long story short, the oem tires are made specifically for the oem wheels which cannot be dismounted from eachother without destroying the tires and cannot be mounted without a special system found in only 4 Bugatti's service locations throughout the world. You can't change the tires, tpms sensors, wheels, or even think about doing so unless they do it for you and the cost of doing so is. Sooooo instead we just made new wheels and got different tires that have the same rolling diameter as the stock wheels! So if you plan on driving 260mph everywhere you go, I suppose this set up isn't for you. But if you want to daily drive these and still go up to 210, go for it!

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
What's your forcasted sales for those wheels?....The number of Bugattis is low and then you have to find owners to switch to those wheels....was it worth the R&D for such a low production car?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What about people that are modifying there veyrons? I know one person who as we speak is modifying a veyron. Will have a signicant more amount of power. Will these be strong enough?
The wheels themselves are strong enough, yes! However, there is a tire issue. I'll PM you about that since you also PM'd me. For those that are curious, in short, Bugatti is VERY VERY strict. You cannot purchase the OEM tires and you cannot mount it without special tools that are only at about 4 Bugatti places around the world. Soooo we were forced to go with a different option that is Y rated to 200-210MPH. That is the short story!

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
What's your forcasted sales for those wheels?....The number of Bugattis is low and then you have to find owners to switch to those wheels....was it worth the R&D for such a low production car?
Of course! They will spread the expense over every other wheel that they sell to more lowly customers.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Of course it was worth it! Sure we probably won't sell that many, if any at all, but to say that we put a set of wheels on a Bugatti is something we took and ran with. How many people can say they have their wheels on a Bugatti Veyron? That makes it worth it to us!
If you don't sell any how can you say you have your wheels on a Bugatti?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
worthless without pictures on the car......

Seeing a veyron is so polarizing when you see one I dont think I can even recall the stock rims because I probably have never looked at them when I saw one in person. The owner must have way too much time and money looking at it sit in his garage to need rims.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.