Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a set of aftermarket seats, something more comfortable than OEM ones. Im 6'2" and 210 lbs.

Preferably black or alcantara or suede, something that reclines and slides.

Ive heard good things on the Recaro sportster CS and don't know much else on anyone elses seats.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
you need to sit in the seats and try them out or you're not going to be happy with wrong seating position. also seat height as wll will be an issue as you're dropping the power sliding seats and weight. so try out some different seats before you start to buy one. also the air bag light issue as well.

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How does one get rid of the srs or airbag lights?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
who ? Spec v are carbon back seats ^ ^ ^ are not carbon backed seats + there are a lot of differencs from the Spec-V seat over the seats you have a picture of and nengun is for civic's and you need a grapefruit exhaust to join rice club. Spec V GT-R R35 seats are plug and play Juke seats are not plug and play and no one wants to pay the price on those.

The Juke seats require seat rails that can either sit the driver to low or to high in the R35 and then there are the plugs to deal with the seat airbag issue and improper harness mods for the seat is no good.if anyone to go through and buy a set seat up is

ACG - and talk with James or Tal.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]Squibs to make the car think the resistance from the airbags is still there. Here is a plug and play[/background]

thats still not going to get the airbag light off. You have to have a pressure bladder out of a stock passenger seat or another nissan seat. I took the bladder out of my stock seat and I still can't get the light to go off.

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]Squibs to make the car think the resistance from the airbags is still there. Here is a plug and play[/background]

thats still not going to get the airbag light off. You have to have a pressure bladder out of a stock passenger seat or another nissan seat. I took the bladder out of my stock seat and I still can't get the light to go off.
You need the pressure bladder, then you need 2.2ohm resistors that plug into the airbag harnesses. After that, you need to initiate the airbag relearn procedure on the car.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]You need the pressure bladder, then you need 2.2ohm resistors that plug into the airbag harnesses. After that, you need to initiate the airbag relearn procedure on the car[/background]

[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]I have all that and have tried the reset several times to no avail. I do remember reading somewhere that the sensor bladder must be oriented a certain way. I just can't [/background]figure it out.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
See that is what i'm talking about that seat slider is a massive pita to deal with either you're way to high or way to low or some cases I have run into the seat rail is off to a slight angle and does not work properly. This is why I stated to the OP sit in someones car who has a set and feel it out before buying and BP2 know's what I'm saying as well. Op if you bought items from penguins no return policy would leave you SOL on returning them

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, i definitely need to try out a few seats... Would sitting in a NISMO Juke give me the feel of the recaro sportster cs?? There is one here at my local Nissan dealer...

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Btw the Spec v seat from the CBA came with a vent option that has a fan under the seat for the driver to be cooled but its an ambient temp one just only takes the air in from the cabin not like the MBZ or BMW ones that have A/C in the seats.

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]You need the pressure bladder, then you need 2.2ohm resistors that plug into the airbag harnesses. After that, you need to initiate the airbag relearn procedure on the car[/background]

[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]I have all that and have tried the reset several times to no avail. I do remember reading somewhere that the sensor bladder must be oriented a certain way. I just can't [/background]figure it out.
http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/72507-aftermarket-seats-flashing-airbag-light-heres-a-solution-warning-its-a-long-post/

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts