Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking and doing research on this forum for the past few months and am now finally ready to pull the trigger!

As stated in the subject heading, I'm hell bent on a 2013 Black/Black Premium, but the pricing has to be MSRP or below. If I can get a great deal below MSRP on a BE model, I may go that route.

I'm in Zip Code 92823 and would prefer to travel to a local (100mi radius) dealership for pick up, but will consider an out-of-state sale w/ delivery as long as the bottom line price is similar or better.

Last thing: If the sales experience is difficult, I will walk. I really want this vehicle, but I will wait for a honest salesperson who will patiently walk with me through every step of the process, answering any questions I might have. As a professional who strives to deliver the best customer service to my customers, I expect the same experience with my vendors.

Thanks in advance! Really excited to be joining this community and talking GT-R...

Please PM or email me!

Ed

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
there's a whole thread for WTB posts..... http://www.nagtroc.o...gt-r-usacanada/

Quite honestly your best bet is to get on the locator and look for GT-Rs that meet your requirements and start making phone calls.....MC's dealer has a black/black Premium at or below MSRP but the car is in NC....shipping will not be cheap but it may be worht a look....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Been lurking and doing research on this forum for the past few months and am now finally ready to pull the trigger!

As stated in the subject heading, I'm hell bent on a 2013 Black/Black Premium, but the pricing has to be MSRP or below. If I can get a great deal below MSRP on a BE model, I may go that route.

I'm in Zip Code 92823 and would prefer to travel to a local (100mi radius) dealership for pick up, but will consider an out-of-state sale w/ delivery as long as the bottom line price is similar or better.

Last thing: If the sales experience is difficult, I will walk. I really want this vehicle, but I will wait for a honest salesperson who will patiently walk with me through every step of the process, answering any questions I might have. As a professional who strives to deliver the best customer service to my customers, I expect the same experience with my vendors.

Thanks in advance! Really excited to be joining this community and talking GT-R...

Please PM or email me!

Ed
Try Nissan of Santa Barbara. I got them down to $1000 below MSRP on a black Premium. I didn't buy it because I found another deal. Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi. I am from NJ. Having just bought a SS BE for under MSRP, I know of dealerships over here that you can get for underMSRP. I dont know about shipping costs, though.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey Danny,

Saw the car this morning while Chris was servicing my 370Z Nismo. I'm so tempted to discuss numbers but the wife has made me commit to buying a house in December

priorities....priorities

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Only suckers pay MSRP. Even GTRs. Just MHO for what its worth. Waiting for a pm from moderators. Hard to express an opinion in this section. Heavily censured. Pretty sad.
I agree....post disappearing in 3,2,1....

·
Cuban FlyBoy
702 Posts
Only suckers pay MSRP. Even GTRs. Just MHO for what its worth. Waiting for a pm from moderators. Hard to express an opinion in this section. Heavily censured. Pretty sad.
Well when you have every other dealership in southern California with a 20 to 50....yeah that is correct 50 thousand dollar markup MSRP is great!!! Especially at a dealership that is going to take great care of you even after the deal has gone thru....

·
Banned
147 Posts
???? I lost you there. 20 to 50k? Over msrp? People have bought brand new 2013 premiums for low 90s recently.
Well when you have every other dealership in southern California with a 20 to 50....yeah that is correct 50 thousand dollar markup MSRP is great!!! Especially at a dealership that is going to take great care of you even after the deal has gone thru....

·
Cuban FlyBoy
702 Posts
???? I lost you there. 20 to 50k? Over msrp? People have bought brand new 2013 premiums for low 90s recently.
Here in Southern California we have had several dealerships with those kind of markups.....

·
hyprpwrphtgrphy.com
2,201 Posts
Welcome to So Cal. Land of the suckers who pay $150k for a GT-R. MSRP in So Cal is somewhat of a rarity...

Also Felizguy, let us know when you purchase your GT-R at a sucker free price under MSRP...
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?/topic/74390-wesley-chappel-nissan-in-fl-black-premium-listed-for-923k-update-dealer-asking-above-msrp/#entry977366

+1 for Fontana. You'll be set on any maintenance, unlike a decent majority of the other locals who'll take advantage of you charging $2k for a tranny flush.

·
Banned
147 Posts
If you look at recent purchase trends everyone with any patience and negotiating skills is buying below MSRP. That is my point, study the current market, see what's going on. Yes in 2008 nobody paid below MSRP. Right now I don't see why anybody would pay at MSRP or above, considering current inventory numbers and what new cars are selling for. I certainly do not intend to pay MSRP when I am ready in January.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Crazy busy Monday, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I am newest member of the GT-R Club. 2013 Premium Black/Black, and drove it--literally--off the showroom floor.

Huge shouts to JmanE55 and pharmdphd98 for your help in finding my vehicle. This community has been INVALUABLE in my research/price search as it has--literally--saved me thousands of dollars (as your posts have alluded to here in SoCal). For that, I cannot thank you enough.

I'm excited to get past the break-in period and will post pictures soon...although, I'm sure you'll be bored with them b/c it's stock (and will stay that way).

Ed

·
hyprpwrphtgrphy.com
2,201 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats! Didn't 80% of owners who have full bolts on say that at one point? HAHAHA
Don't curse, me brah.
My GT-R is a business lease, so I have no incentive to mod it. Plus, besides beating any car off the line at a stoplight and tracking it from time to time, I don't see a need to mod it...maybe you all will change my mind, but I'm looking to upgrade to the new GT-R in 3 years.

·
hyprpwrphtgrphy.com
2,201 Posts
When you realize your stock supercar mimics the sound of a Dyson vacuum cleaner, it'll hit you like a ton of bricks. :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.