Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking on tirerack to replace stock tires and saw the Advans pop up as a stock replacement. I wanted to know if anyone has put a set of these on and what were there impressions with dry traction and cornering. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Was looking on tirerack to replace stock tires and saw the Advans pop up as a stock replacement. I wanted to know if anyone has put a set of these on and what were there impressions with dry traction and cornering. Thanks in advance.
Yep I have em on for the last 3K miles, replaced OEM Bridgestones. Wearing very well, softer ride (not a run flat). Cornering not quite as good, but not notably a problem for day to day driving, even aggressive street driving. I tracked with them a few times. They hold up well, no chunking, only bout a second or two slower than OEM. They are also MUCH more secure in the wet and very wet conditions. Ive driven em thru standing water at speed with no hydroplaning. Overall a good experience so far, no real issues at all. I wouldnt use them for a track dedicated car. Dry cornering is probably 8-9/10 compared to OEM being 10/10.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep I have em on for the last 3K miles, replaced OEM Bridgestones. Wearing very well, softer ride (not a run flat). Cornering not quite as good, but not notably a problem for day to day driving, even aggressive street driving. I tracked with them a few times. They hold up well, no chunking, only bout a second or two slower than OEM. They are also MUCH more secure in the wet and very wet conditions. Ive driven em thru standing water at speed with no hydroplaning. Overall a good experience so far, no real issues at all. I wouldnt use them for a track dedicated car. Dry cornering is probably 8-9/10 compared to OEM being 10/10.
How about dry traction

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dry traction for street driving is pretty good, I really cant find any fault. The ride is certainly softer. No tram tracking like the bridgestones. Not optimized for the track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.