Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Have been surfing the forums and seen that there's been a myriad of options available from muffler change, to muffler + mid pipe change etc etc and the list goes on. Perhaps it would be so kind for fellow gtr owners here to chime in with their two cents and reviews on their exhaust setup? If iphone/bb videos can be taken, it would be even greater!

Some key things to share which I'm sure some other users would be looking forward to would be..
1) drone?
2) difference in sound?
3) difference in power?

Understand that all these things are subjective, and I have indeed done a through search through the forums already. Just trying to see that since it's end 2011 now, there have been more options made available and more setups tried, I would absolutely love and appreciate the feedback.

Thanks in advance guys! (or gals)

p.s. I'm leaning towards akrapovic and mine's at the moment; Kreissieg looks good due to the remote control (i used to have a capristo on my previous ride, and the ability to open/close the valves at my fancy was great, as cruising along in the morning to work with valves wide open while nursing a hangover doesn't cut it. Period!) but the price is way high and it's not titanium and the quality and finishing apparently still doesn't match what akrapovic is offering.

·
Registered
148 Posts
[sub]Bro, it all depends on what you want done to your ride. If downpipes are to remain stock then nearly most if not all exhaust (mids & rear) wouldn't sound too loud. However if you're going[/sub]
[sub]for POWER & decatting it with thru downpipes then i'll strongly suggests you go for Resonated Mid Pipes as drone would still be there but ' acceptable' & you'll not be feeling tired after a [/sub]
[sub]long drive.[/sub]

[sub]Akaprovic is good but do consider if you'll ever mod your turbos cos if you do then you'll need min 3" pipes. There's many brands offering 3" titanium straight pipes. If wanna go akarprovic,[/sub]
[sub]do approach those vendors here on NGTROC states side as their pricing are much more competitive as compared to what is on offer here in Sgp.[/sub]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rogue! Interesting thing i've learned on the 3"pipes in the event I'm looking to upgrade my turbos. Down pipes are a definite mod for me especially since I've felt the difference downpipes can do in my sti from a long time ago.

Looks like resonated mid pipes are a must for me since I'm looking to use this as a DD.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I have installed the GTC 4 inch last week

That and the AMS DP are really quiet with no drone at all compared to my old set-up "AMS DP and Y-Pipe non-res"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.