Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone:

I just purchased a 2013 and excited to join the club. I have a question--my key fob does not work, I can't lock/unlock the doors with the remote. I can use the Intelligent Key feature by pressing the button by the handle. Am I doing somethin wrong? Does the remote need programming--the intelligent key part works though.

Thanks

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am pretty new myself.

Back to the dealer you go. I am pretty sure the car computer is not allowing the commands lock/unlock because the computer is not programmed to the fob. The proximity signal and command (lock/unlock) signals are different. You'd think the dealer would make sure all this was correct at time of delivery. I would call them and ask them to do it while you wait as it only takes 10 minutes to do assuming there isn't another problem with the fob or the computer.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
i went from a cammed 07 z06 to the gt-r and have not once looked back with regret. i really loved both z06's i've owned (also had a s/c'd 03 z06). both made great power 550 and 580 for the 07 and 03 respectively. gt-r is a better all around car. better interior, better amenities, better performance. also, living in seattle with a shit ton of traffic i've given up owning manuals. doing the clutch pedal routine in stop and go traffic for an hour or two straight gets really old. especially, when you have an aftermarket clutch or a surging cam car.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I went from a Z to the GT-R back in 09....never looked back....much better all around car IMO....ask this over on corvettefroum and you'll get hammered....it's all personal preference....

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
I went from a Z to the GT-R back in 09....never looked back....much better all around car IMO....ask this over on corvettefroum and you'll get hammered....it's all personal preference....
Do you think people on the Corvette forum realize that there is another forum for other cars??? Hmmmmmmm????

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I too came from an 06 LPE heads/cam Z06 and feel the same as the above posts, the GT-R is a better car all around. I have to admit the only thing I miss about the Z was the sound, at idle and WOT, it was toxic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTjAzgUzkC0&list=UU4IGcQ7mR-C30nm3nI0A85Q&index=22&feature=plcp[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8K3Jtv3-T8&list=UU4IGcQ7mR-C30nm3nI0A85Q&index=30&feature=plcp

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
I have respect for the later Z06 cars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts