Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/ECA/ECA.shtml

http://forums.evolutionm.net/alternative-fuel/437162-zeitronix-ethanol-content-analyzer-installed-reviewed-ttp.html

I really want to install one of these with the gm flex fuel sensor

Has anyone done it yet?

Having run my car on the local caltex e85 for 3 weeks now across all different driving conditions I'm convinced this is the way to go. Not only is it making more power, but power delivery is smoother, and much cleaner running

However since the local blend can/does vary in ethanol content, my plan is to buy a drum of e100 and mix it in if the content is below the 70s

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
my plan is to buy a drum of e100 and mix it in if the content is below the 70s
This sounds like way too much of a pita. Maybe just wait until Switzer finishes their flex fuel set-up?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
not really, I'm running two maps atm for 98 Ron and e85 and it's easy as pie to switch bw them on the boost guage using cruise control buttons

I have e85 around the corner. It's advertised at e70-e85, but in off chance they don't live up to their side of the bargain and I want to do some spirited driving, I'll be prepared - whether I have Switzer fuel flex or not, I'd still want closer to that magical number 85 as I can get when hitting the track

·
I'm not eloquent I'm direct
92 Posts
not really, I'm running two maps atm for 98 Ron and e85 and it's easy as pie to switch bw them on the boost guage using cruise control buttons

I have e85 around the corner. It's advertised at e70-e85, but in off chance they don't live up to their side of the bargain and I want to do some spirited driving, I'll be prepared
I'm liking the idea of e85 more and more. Domino, any idea how long we can store a drum of the e100?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sealed in a drum Im not sure

but google says 90 days once exposed

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
im going to give this a shot

can anyone post pics showing where the fuel return lines are in the engine bay so i can start getting my head around where to place the gm fuel sensor

edit! found this pic - id like to hide the sensor under the p/s cover (rhd)

·
Alpha 10
3,763 Posts
Wanted to bring this topic back up, curious to know if anyone actually went through with this set up. I am currently getting tuned for e-85 with upgraded pumps id2000's, I am thinking about purchasing the gauge, as the e85 isn't always advertised here, but a tuner told me that in case its low run a lower map, and when its actually e85 or close to it then run the higher map. If anyone have this set up of the zeitronix please post up some pictures of where it was installed.

·
"Shaitan"
124 Posts
I'm. Trying to get my brain around. This. But. Why. Not. Just purchase and install the Visconti. Flex fuel kit. Which has been out for a while. And running. On many gtrs. On this forum . Without issues. Is it the cost factor, and. Your intention to DIY that keeps u from going down. That path. Because it will answer. All your issues

·
Alpha 10
3,763 Posts
Honestly cost isn't playing a factor, but Its that my local tuner has the car already and is a COBB pro tuner doesn't seem logical for me to change over to ECUTEK, when I already invested in COBB, and if I run into any problems I don't need to diagnose myself as my tuner will be there for the support. I am just curious to see how people have this gauge set up.

·
"Shaitan"
124 Posts
Ok. Gotcha, If. You have any other members looking fir a cobb I still have my Cobb ap. it's. nis 006. If. Any body is interested. Ill let it go for $850 + shipping. I think. I still have the post up in the for sale. Section.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm. Trying to get my brain around. This. But. Why. Not. Just purchase and install the Visconti. Flex fuel kit. Which has been out for a while. And running. On many gtrs. On this forum . Without issues. Is it the cost factor, and. Your intention to DIY that keeps u from going down. That path. Because it will answer. All your issues
This topic was posted 1.5 years ago when ecutek didn't even know what the r35 was

It works well in knowing ethanol percentage of what you've got in the tank, installed one on my evo x too

Alot has changed since 2011. We have e85 year round at pretty much most petrol stations here where I live so I've been daily driving on it since start of 2012

If you don't have that luxury than flex fuel is way to go. Either way this will still be handy in knowing what's in your tank

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
This topic was posted 1.5 years ago when ecutek didn't even know what the r35 was

It works well in knowing ethanol percentage of what you've got in the tank, installed one on my evo x too

Alot has changed since 2011. We have e85 year round at pretty much most petrol stations here where I live so I've been daily driving on it since start of 2012

If you don't have that luxury than flex fuel is way to go. Either way this will still be handy in knowing what's in your tank
Kinda true..except ecutek has been working in the gtr since 2008... delayed release of there software so they could better understand the ecu

Regardless Cobb or ecutek you should have a sensor in the car!

John

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I did this about 6 months ago. Installed a Zeitronix Ethanol content gauge with their new Sensor. Put the sensor in-line of the return line and used the OEM threaded holes to mount it that used to hold the fuel line bracket. I wanted to use the factory holes and didn't want to mount the sensor up-side down. I used high grade fuel injection hose, 3/8". It's said to be E85 friendly.
Ran the wires behind the second firewall and through a grommet on the drivers side.
Mounted the gauge here.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
super clean install Steve, nicely done

rofl @ test tube testing - may prove a bit tedious after the 3rd refill

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I need to order one of those zeitronix kit...

·
Alpha 10
3,763 Posts
Kinda true..except ecutek has been working in the gtr since 2008... delayed release of there software so they could better understand the ecu

Regardless Cobb or ecutek you should have a sensor in the car!

John
Thank you

Just curious though what kit do you have? I am running COBB

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Thank you

Just curious though what kit do you have? I am running COBB
I have a Flex Fuel kit that's meant for guys running EcuTek..

That kits contains the gauge, sensor, fuel lines and plug and play harness for ECU integration.

So anyone can get the kit minus my Flex Fuel Wiring Harness.

What you would get is a Gauge, Sensor and Fuel Lines

John

1 - 20 of 37 Posts