Nissan GT-R Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I tried American Modern last week for MY13 with 37K and clean title, asked them for a 70K value. Underwriters came back with a 55k value, I sent them 11 examples of GTR's for sale with an asking price of 68k+ and all had 5k-30k more miles. I'm offended at their 55k value you can't buy an 09 or 10 for that with 60k+ miles.

Do you normally have to haggle with them on an agreed value or am I asking too much?

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
Nope, just sent in all the documents / receipts.

Did ask to speak to a manager in underwriting ? Seems strange.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Being a 19 year old male is probably the worst criteria in terms of what insurance agencies look at for pricing. Im 38 with a great driving record and I pay $540 full coverage every 6 months with USAA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't tell you about GTR, because I work in a taxi and our agency cooperates with this insurance company Money Expert. But it seems that because basically, such cars are costly and have a large engine capacity, then be prepared for high prices. I don't think finances will be such a problem for you if you own a car like this, do you? Hahahha! But seriously, it is better to discuss it with a representative of the insurance company. He will name the exact price and specific conditions that you may not like. Good luck, my friend!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I tried American Modern last week for MY13 with 37K and clean title, asked them for a 70K value. Underwriters came back with a 55k value, I sent them 11 examples of GTR's for sale with an asking price of 68k+ and all had 5k-30k more miles. I'm offended at their 55k value you can't buy an 09 or 10 for that with 60k+ miles.

Do you normally have to haggle with them on an agreed value or am I asking too much?
Were you able to get a quote to how much you'd be paying monthly or every 6 months? Thinking about switching to American Modern if I can save a could hundred bucks. Currently insured with Geico

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm paying $1150 every 6 months with Farmers. 71 years old, never had a claim, and excellent credit. I guess I need to shop around. I thought everyone paid about that for a GTR. It is a 2020 model.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just secured a Safeco collector car policy (so not under the daily driver rates) at $1,100 a year. Late 40's, good credit, no tickets or accidents, 2015 vehicle insured for 80k.
Haggarty interviewed me through a questionnaire about experience with 500 hp plus vehicles, wanted a no driver under 25 years of age exclusion, offered $870 a year then when I went to buy it a week later the manager said that underwriter is not in the office and it is now $1.300 a year. I should have bought the $870 that day, should have known better since I own a couple insurance agencies for a living.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan GT-R PREMIUM Super Silver (EXT)/Black (INT)
27 Posts
So the answer is, it depends! Best to shop around and know your costs up front. Have known too many young folks that got their dream car only to find out the insurance was as much as the payment, or more. Really disgusted by how much I pay for homeowners and car insurance every year. Doesn't help that I have 3 teenagers driving as well - YIKES!

·
Registered
14 GT-R 🏎, e85 🌽
33 Posts
Just an observation , but myself and guys i know with full coverage from various insurance companies are around $800 a month. its an expensive car plan on expensive insurance. especially with your age. most of us are over 26. just a thought.
Wth!? What insurance company is raping you if you don't mind me asking?!? 😁

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can pay a lot for nothing, and you can pay very little for nothing. But if you want good, complete coverage, it usually won't be cheap, like Geico or Progressive. Generally want it to be related to your home and other cars, all covered by the same risk coverage / deductible if you can save money. But I can still recommend the tool Gabi Auto Insurance: My Insurance Quote Experience, which will show you all your options in terms of price and options. With it, you can definitely save money and not overpay for the extra money you can spend on your car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
There is a lot of context missing here...

If we wanted solid and comparable data, all of the variables must be included:

• bodily injury and liability coverage limits
  • property liability coverage
  • personal injury coverage
  • uninsured motorist coverage
  • comprehensive coverage
  • collision coverage
  • Emergency roadside / rental

Not all coverage is the same guys. Some of those reporting very low or very high costs will have wildly different coverage.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts